4th Ikimasshoi! came at a turning point in Morning Musume history. Since the album preceeding it, three strong members of the group "graduated" on to other projects, including the original leader, Nakazawa Yuuko. In addition, eight new girls had been added to replace them. The songs released in this transitional space between the second and third albums also happened to coincide with Morning Musume's peak popularity. With songs that have since become immortal like "The Peace" and "Renai Revolution 21", the established music makes the album a must-buy even before digging into the album-only tracks. From start to finish, though, this album takes the momentum of a pop group at its peak and runs with it. There are no bad songs here, even as it travels the course from silly pop in "Ii Koto Aru" through a big band style in "Mr. Moonlight", and ends with a heartstring tugging with "Nanni mo Iwazu ni I Love You." It's truly a dynamic work.
1. ザ☆ピ〜ス (The*Peace)
2. いいことある記念の瞬間 (Ii Koto Aru Kinen no Shunkan) [The Memory of Something Good Happening]
3. Mr.Moonlight〜愛のビッグバンド〜 (Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~) [Mr. Moonlight ~Love of Big Band~]
4. 初めてのロックコンサート (Hajimete no Rock Concert) [My First Rock Concert]
5. 男友達 (Otoko Tomodachi) [Guy Friend]
6. そうだ!We're ALIVE (Sou da! We're Alive) [Yes! We're Alive]
7. でっかい宇宙に愛がある (Dekkai Uchuu ni Ai ga Aru) [There's Love In This Great Big World]
8. いきまっしょい! (Ikimasshoi!) [Let's Go!]
9. 電車の二人 (Densha no Futari) [Train Couple]
10. 本気で熱いテーマソング (Honki de Atsui Theme Song) [A Really Hot Theme Song]
11. 好きな先輩 (Suki na Senpai) [The Upperclassman I Like]
12. 恋愛レボリューション21 (Renai Revolution 21) [Love Revolution 21]
13. なんにも言わずにI LOVE YOU (Nanni mo Iwazu ni I Love You) [Without Saying It, I Love You)
Purchase 4th Ikimasshoi?
(Amazon | CD Japan | YesAsia)